....AND BEYOND!!!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas from Bride At 35, Part 2!


As promised, this is the other half of the Bride at 35 team, Leslie, as I sit at a Little Rock, Arkansas sports bar with my husband, who is cheering on the Baltimore Ravens. And I'm writing about weddings, which is pretty much the antithesis of what he's doing. It also reminds me of the first time he took me to his favorite Baltimore sports bar with his old friends, where I interrupted him during a crucial play to ask him to look at a darling reception place setting idea in Martha Stewart Weddings.

Which brings us to why I, and my sister, am so thrilled to be able to share our experiences as brides of a certain age with you. The above story is just one teensy example of those funny things that happen as you are planning a wedding and more importantly planning a life. I am learning to integrate my life with my husband's, as I learn about Ray Lewis and interceptions and he learns about place settings and guest books. He is my partner and I am his, and as we celebrate our first married Christmas, we are both happy for the gift of each other and the patience, at the age of 39 and 40, to be able to accept the things we can not change and be humorously thrilled about the things we're learning.

And here at Bride at 35, we're embracing the season as well as our mission: to celebrate the love and circumstance that can happen at any age, and the beauty and wisdom (or not) that accompanies it. We want to share in your joy, your questions, your hope and fears and just the fact that love is possible. As are awesome place settings.

Happy happy joy joy!

3 comments:

  1. Hey everybody! If you are reading this, and you like this post, make a comment! We would love feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne and Leslie. I love this! I have been a bride before, once upon a time. I hope to be one again in my 40s if God sends the right man along. This is a really awesome blog. Do I need to subscribe? Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen!!
    We are so glad that you are reading, and we are praying along with you! We would love for you to subscribe to our blog. Keep the feedback coming, too, about what you like, and what you don't :).
    YAY!!

    ReplyDelete